Soshichi Uchii, Kyoto University, Japan
Paper presented for the Lunchtime Colloquium,
Sept. 24, 1991, Center for Philosophy of Science,
Univ. of Pittsburgh
1. What does Holmes have to do with philosophy of science?
2. Sherlock Holmes as a logician
3. Key words of Holmes's theory of reasoning
4. Herschel-Mill's theory of induction
5. Whewell's Theory of Induction
6. What is the difference between these methods and Holmes's?
7. Jevons's Method of Inverse Probability
8. Conclusion; Bibliography
Last modified, April 17, 2006. (c) Soshichi Uchiiwebmaster